Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 1

This post is going to be an introduction of who I am, and why I'm doing this. I want to keep a journal of our life in the Navy. I have never been good at journal keeping and I want to be better. I want our kids to know what our life was like.. the good and the bad! I need somewhere that I can write my true feelings. I need a place where I can come and write exactly how I'm feeling, what my day is like and all the in-between moments.

I am Sarah. I am up and down about this Navy thing. I know that it's a good decision for our family, but can I handle all the away time? I don't know. Anyway. I really enjoy cooking and baking. I love to listen to Lucy laugh and talk. I love to take pictures although I'm not very good at it. I love to read hollywood trash and stalk on facebook. I love to read. I love to watch movies. I love spending time with my family. I love the joy that comes across Lucy's face when we play together.

Joey is my husband. The love of my life. My eternal companion. We met a church dance, I was 15 he was 14. I knew right away that we were going to be married someday, I even told my friends :) They all laughed at me. Joey loves to play video games. He loves to be active. He loves the color orange. He loves sushi and chinese food. He loves to camp and hike. He loves to be with his family. He loves music and loves playing his guitars. In fact, when he asked me to marry him he wrote me a song.
Last 4 lines "I have a question, what will the answer be? Sarah my love, will you marry me?". How could I say no?

Lucy is our miracle. I was diagnosed with PCOS in early 2005 and was told that it would be incredibly difficult to have a baby of our own. We tried and tried. I was feeling like maybe I could be.. we took 100+ pee tests, at least a dozen blood tests that were all negative. One night we're at the Temple in the Celestial Room and Joey looks at me and says "You're pregnant".. I was like "No! We just did all those tests". We went to the dollar store and bought a test. The next morning we got a positive. I went to the doctor and discovered I was almost 9 weeks pregnant. Lucy loves the Backyardigans, Veggie Tales and Disney movies. Lucy LOVES milk, yogurt and cheese. She loves our dog Powder. She loves going to school. She loves going to daycare. She loves playing pretend and dress up with uncle henry. She loves to cuddle in bed and watch a movie. She loves to laugh and she loves to talk.

2 comments:

kmelanese said...

I didn't know you two met that young!! That is awesome!

Amanda said...

hey, im your newest follower! :) My hubby just left for bootcamp too and it's so great that you guys met so young! :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs