Friday, May 21, 2010

GivesMeHope

givesmehope is a seriously uplifting website. A few friends on facebook have posted about it, but I haven't looked at it before tonight. I've been reading for a while now.

"Tonight I was eating at a restaurant that celebrates birthdays by getting a sundae with a candle to blow out.

Every single person in the restaurant was cheering on a 6 year old boy as he tried to blow out his candle.

He was hooked up to an oxygen tank.

People coming together to encourage success GMH."

"My little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.

I asked why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him.

Today, I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign... “I DO”. "

"Today is Mother's Day.

One mom I know was very upset because her son had just left for the army a few months earlier, and she's been heartbroken and lonely since.

Two of his best friends stopped by just to spend time with her.

They even brought her flowers. They GMH. "

3 comments:

Lucky Dimes and Dog Tags said...

Isn't it amazing how differently we view the world when we shift what we focus on? :)

The Sawyer Bunch said...

It is!

Christina said...

I love the site!!
Anytime I need to smile, I'm going there.
I may have to do a post on it now... I'll link it to you as well.. I needed this today.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs