Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

I may still be new to the military but it doesn't make this holiday any less important to me.My husband may only be in basic training and I may have never been in the military life before, but I can still remember those who fought for MY freedom's a 100 years before I was even born. I can still remember those, like my grandma and grandpa, who served in World War II. I can still remember those who fought, like my husbands grandpa, in the Vietnam War. I can still remember those who served in the first Desert Storm. I can still remember those, like my brother-in-law, who served in the current war. I may be a "newbie" to this life but I'm still an American.

This article is just an interesting history of the holiday. At 3pm local time on Monday, please take a moment of silence to remember our fallen hero's. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs