Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FRUSTRATED!!

So in the last couple of days I have received a couple of letters from different agencies that require immediate attention.

#1 My husband dropped his last class before getting his degree because he left for boot camp earlier than expected. So because he has been inactive for more than 29 days he is "kicked out" of the system and our differed payments are going to become due pretty soon.

#2 I got a notice from ING today, a very confusing notice I might add, telling me that our funds were transferred to another account.

So I call both places today to try to get some information and straighten out the mess or whatever, and NO ONE will talk to me about it. Because I'm not my husband they can't release any information. Even after informing them that he joined the Navy and is in boot camp, and therefore UNREACHABLE to anyone. So we are in limbo until I can get to graduation and we can get a Power of Attorney. 

My advice to new wives: Either get on ALL accounts or get a Power of Attorney. Do not let him leave with out one of those things!

2 comments:

jamie said...

I went threw something like this when my hubby was in BCT. I even had a POA and they still wanted to talk to him.

It sucks!! i hope everything gets worked out for ya'll.

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

That is my number one piece of advice. POA on EVERYTHING!!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs