Wednesday, July 7, 2010

day 19

Day Nineteen
A Talent
I can honestly say that aren't a whole lot of things that I'm really good at. However, I can say (with the right amount of modesty) that there are two (2!) things I'm very good at. 

1. Cooking. I have been cooking since I was young. I have a very distinct memory of when I was maybe 3 or 4 cooking lego's for my dad to eat for dinner one night. I remember getting a "cook book for kids" one year for Christmas and wanting to make everything at once! My mom has taught me to do a lot of cooking, thankfully she is a wonderful cook and I've been able to learn a LOT from her. I can read a recipe and usually make it just right {sure, there have been a few times where it didn't turn out at all!}, and sometimes I can even tweak it if I don't have the right ingredient. I enjoy cooking. It takes my mind off things and it makes me feel good when people compliment me. I love to experiment and try new things. I'm always looking for new ways to cook something and new idea's for meals!

2. I'm an excellent listener and friend. Something I've prided myself very much on is how often people come to me to talk. When I was in high school there was a club called "Natural Helpers". It's a student voted club where each member get's elected by the student body (my high school was 2,200 kids) because the students feel they can talk to them rather than adults. I was 1 of 5 voted in my junior year of high school. Out of 2,200 kids 5 people got elected into the group. 5. I have to admit that I was shocked. I couldn't believe I was elected but I was. I've always been able to listen to people and help them get through whatever was bothering them, even if it just meant letting them get it out or even cry in front of someone. No judgments. I like being there for people, even if I don't know them very well, I like that people know they can call on me and I'll be right there.


 

3 comments:

kmelanese said...

I can vouche for you! You are an excellent friend and listener!! Now you need to come cook for me.

Mrs. Gambizzle said...

Hey there! make sure you read this...

http://lifeasasailorsgirl.blogspot.com/2010/07/mmmm-cherries.html

Carmen said...

I would LOVE to be a good cook, haha. I'll definitely need to work on that once I get to North Carolina.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs