Thursday, July 1, 2010

I know you've all been dying to hear about it!

So this is alllll about Graduation! I got to Great Lakes and settled in around 7 last night. I was so tired I figured I'd fall right to sleep. Nope. I couldn't sleep at all. Butterflies/anxiety/nervousness/excitement filled my body and it made it hard to sleep. I ended up watching "Don't tell mom the babysitters dead" and "Harry Potter 6" before I even got tired. And then I woke up.... and then fell asleep and slept for about 4 hours. I woke up in a panic before my alarm went off thinking I had missed it. I did not. Phew.

So I got up and got ready and waited for the shuttle. I talked to a girl who was there for her boyfriend who was probably feeling exactly like I did. We got to the base at about 6:45 and waited outside for about 15 minutes before they let us in the drill hall. And seriously in a matter of 20 minutes the drill hall was full! I was so glad I decided to go early. I got a decent seat, but some of my pictures came out blurry :( but I got good pictures. 

Sailor Man was in a performance division so he sang in the choir for 4 songs. I am so proud of him. He looked so amazing in his uniform and so good all the way around. When they called liberty bell I jumped out of my seat and went looking for him. I spotted him through the crowd and my heart leaped into my throat. That first hug was unbelievable. I will never forget that feeling. It was amazing! Unfortunately shortly after that hug he had to tell me that he was leaving for school tomorrow. We got 9 hours together today! I decided I didn't want to spend 4 days in IL alone so I was able to change my flight to fly out tomorrow and so I'm able to spend about 6 hours at the airport with him tomorrow. It wont be nearly as fun as we could have had but it will still be wonderful. I honestly had the most amazing day....and now some pictures!

The band
The State Flags
The Divisions
He's in the cluster!
He's the 3rd one in!
It's blurry but he's the last one!
Feels so goooooooood!
Happy Sailor Man
Enjoying an amazing meal!
Joe's Crab Shack
I can't help but giggle.. but he looks so handsome!!!
Saying goodbye for the night


I am one happy lady!!



4 comments:

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

Man, I remember that day like it was yesterday. Congrats on seeing your man again. It sounds like it was extremely memorable for you!!

Star Spangled said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good day with him. I love your cute polka dotted dress.

Beka said...

Aww!! Congrats to the both of you! That's awesome!

Carmen said...

Oh my goodness, I remember graduation day like it was yesterday. It was the most amazing feeling ever and I will never forget it! I'm so glad you got to experience that as well! Congrats to the hubby and great pictures! =)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs