Friday, July 2, 2010

ouch

Saying goodbye this time was so hard. When he left for basic I didn't cry. I held it together very well, but this time I cried and cried and cried (as I type this actually I'm getting teary again.. traveling alone sucks). We only got like 15 hours together the whole time I was there, but I can honestly say it was 100% worth it. I will never forget my experience.

I was very touched as I was walking onto the plane a few people patted my arms and asked if I was going to be ok. I admit that I got teary again but I was grateful for the concern. I didn't cry on the plane, I was able to get myself occupied and sleep a little. Now that I'm sitting in another airport for 3 hours I have time to think about him again. UGH. Ache has settled in and I feel like I'll break at any moment. I can not wait to get home and see Lucy. I need a hug from her. 

4 more weeks...I can handle that. 

I hope!



2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so glad you got some time with him!!
You'll be in his arms before you know it! Just keep smiling and tell yourself every day that he is worth the distance.

Pick up a military wife book or two and have them read by the time he's done with school and you two can be together again. (I love mil. wife books, so if you want suggestions.. I have some!! haha)

HOPEFULLY you will be stationed in VA and you and I can do lunch dates!! :P

____j said...

Glad you had a good time with him. Stay strong! You can do it. Just think about what a wonderful future that is in store for your family.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs