Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Verbal Orders

So let me tell you how silly I think this is. We are given "Verbal Orders" to a place and ship and then about 72ish hours later we receive our actual paper orders with dates and all the information we need. There is a chance that the paper orders are different than the verbal orders. WHY? I don't really know. Someone told me it was because sometimes the needs of bases change-- Ok, I understand that BUT why not just wait the additional 72 hours to give us a paper order instead? Why get you all excited about one place only to have a chance that you're actually going somewhere else.

Like I said, silly. 

Anyway, we got our "verbal orders" today. Do you want to know? hmmm???

As of today (I'll let ya'll know for sure sure when we get our paper orders) We are moving... 

2,770 miles away from where we live now.. to beautiful

Norfolk Virginia





 

9 comments:

Kristin said...

closer to meeeee lol congrats!

Mrs. Gambizzle said...

YAY!!! You'll be right by me! :) Super exciting!

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

YAY! That's awesome! I always say that you'll know where you're PCSing when you and your stuff arrive in the same location. We've had friends that had their written orders changed the day they arrived at their new station. Crazy!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Its gorgeous!!

Brittany Sommer said...

OMG yay!!! We live in Virginia Beach right now and are moving to Norfolk next month!

the C.W. said...

Our verbals and writtens were a good MONTH apart. And our verbals did change, so I didn't believe it until it was there on BOL.

I've been here in Norfolk for 3 years. It wouldn't be a full Navy career if you never got sent here, in my opinion. We're leaving soon, but I've really loved it here and could see us coming back. (I'm an antsy nomadic type, so I'm ready to leave though, but it has nothing to do with the area.)

Star Spangled said...

Oooooh, exciting!!!

Sailor's Wife said...

Thanks everyone! We're really excited (it was our #1 choice) but I'm anxious as well lol. It's so far away! But I'm really excited that I "know" people there. I have like 10 online friends that live over there (navy) so I will be planning tons of meet-ups! Plus my sister and brother-in-law are moving outside of DC so we'll be about 4ish hours away. I'm excited.

C.W. - His A-School is only about 4 weeks long. He's almost finished with it (he could finish today) so his paper orders probably wont be that long (at least I hope). Hopefully he gets them on saturday!

Christina said...

I'm excited.. but You know why! :p

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs