Friday, August 13, 2010

Been a while

and I apologize for that! I'm not ignoring anyone I swear, infact I have read your blogs but I don't have time to comment. I always feel bad when I don't comment, but I honestly haven't had the time. Sailor Man got back from A-school and we've been going non-stop since! We made it to San Diego in 1 piece and are now trying to put our house together.

We got some really awesome housing in a super nice neighborhood. There is a preschool program through our housing office that's $40 a month ((which is awesome since the average preschool in San Diego is $400+)) We have a pool, 8 parks and a small NEX within walking distance of our house. We're about 10- 15 minutes from the base and we're just in a perfect area!

However, there is a chance (who knows how big or small) that Sailor Man will be leaving us very shortly for who knows how long (1 - 9 months). I am not 100% sure that I am ready for something like that. We just moved to a strange city where I have no familiarities nor am I comfortable. I'm trying not to think about it since he is on a 10 day leave right now, but it's always on my mind. I'm trying hard to think of things that I could do during a deployment to better myself. I suppose I will make a goal list and blog about it.

I don't actually know know anyone here but I "know" 3 or 4 people from facebook or blogger. I'm hoping to arrange some meet-ups soon. I need to make some friends, I already feel lonely. 

Anyway, I know I said I would post reunion pictures soon and I will, I promise, but I am not on the right computer. So it's coming.. so check back.

We will be done unpacking and stuff by Monday and then I will be back in a routine and back to blogstalking everyone. I've missed you all.

2 comments:

thelitzfamily said...

Get in touch with your ombudsman. Your husband can get the info for you at work. Find out when FRG is, and GO! Getting in touch with the other wives from the boat has helped me tremendously. I'm not overly close with any of them, but its nice to be around women going through the same thing I am once in awhile. ;)

The Wifey said...

I'm in San Diego. The housing areas here are really nice. If you ever want to get together please let me know. I am always glad to meet other people. :-)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs