Saturday, August 14, 2010

The joy of living in a big city

There are so many opportunities for your family! Today we decided to take a break from unpacking/putting the house together and spend some time as a family. We decided to hit up the Farmer's Markets. I checked it out online and it turns out there is at least 3 every single day of the week all around the city. Today we chose to go to..


We got fresh pasta, fresh pesto and fresh Parmesan cheese. We also got some baby red onions, mango salsa and beautiful flowers!


I will definitely be going back again next week! I'm hoping to go to Coronado on Tuesday and check out what they have to offer!

We then decided to go to the Zoo, we decided to buy passes for Lucy and I since Sailor Man gets in for free everytime. I think they will be worth the money, it will be nice to always have somewhere to go on a boring day. Plus the passes are good for the "Wild Animal Park" as well. Today, we were so lucky, we caught a wild zebra!


I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be stressed to the max living in a strange city, but I'm a little bit relieved to now that we have stuff readily available to us!

6 comments:

The Wifey said...

Our zoo passes are SO worth it! We love being able to just randomly deciding to head to the zoo or wild animal park. If you got the basic pass you do have to pay for parking at the wild animal park but you get on the Journey to Africa for free. :-)

Jane Cat said...

Zoo passes are great My Dad got us ones for the Norfolk zoo and its great to know that if the kids are a pain after an hour we can just leave and not worry we spent so much to get in.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you guys are having a good time although still getting settled. I have been to the farmers market on Coronado, and it is nice. I haven't been in a couple years mind you, but I am sure it is still a good one. Zoo is so much fun! Went for the first time in years a couple of months ago (before our car died). Haven't been to the Wild Animal Park since I was little though, so that is our next trip, and then Sea World again for a full day so that we can experience EVERYTHING. LOL. We should all head to the WAP or SW one day. During the school year is a good thing cause it isn't crazy. :) Glad you are settling in though! Here if you need a friend.

Carmen said...

Oh yes, living in a big city definitely gives you more opportunities for things! I moved to a very small city compared to Milwaukee/Chicago where I'm used to living. I'm sure you will grow to love it and you will learn where everything is once you get used to driving around.

Farmers market is amazing! I used to go there all the time and they have the best ingredients!

Heather said...

Good for you for getting out and about! There are so many wonderful places to explore! Another place that is fun to wonder around in is Balboa Park, lots of wonderful gardens and museums!

Staci said...

It looks like you are settling right in! Our zoo here is fun, but I can't imagine the one there!! I bet it's awesome!! Those flowers are pretty too! BTW, I got your comment...I'm really excited about getting everything! Thank you again! I'll post a special blog about it and give myself a little makeover...(hopefully I picked the right colors lol!!!) I can't wait!! :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs