Monday, August 30, 2010

We survived the first weekend

Thank goodness Photina invited Lucy and I to a game night on Friday night. I'm not sure I would have made it through the first night if she hadn't. We had a great time, it was a small group of ladies but I had a blast playing "Partini" and I can't remember the other game... "the game of things" maybe? lol I don't know. I laughed a lot and it was such a huge help, Lucy had a fabulous time playing with her "new friends". She passed out as soon as we got into the car!

Saturday Lucy and I attended our first FRG function. We went to the "1/2 way through this deployment" beach bash. It was actually pretty cold at the beach, but that didn't stop Lucy from getting in the water. She would swim in the Arctic ocean if we let her. The party was ok. I felt out of place. Not very many woman talked to me, and when I did talk to someone they just sort of mumbled and walked away. Once people found out the Sailor Man just flew out to the ship, it felt like people were thinking "what is she doing here? she doesn't belong here"..it was awkward for me. I was also pretty upset with their stupid raffle. They had these baskets for a boy, girl, family and woman's baskets there were raffling off, they let people choose the winning tickets.. and wouldn't you know it? Every person who picked a ticket picked their own kids or own names. It was annoying.. they kept rubbing it in that they were the winners. Poor Lucy didn't understand why she didn't get one, and she was pretty upset. I told her if she was a super good girl I would get her a new toy, she settled for a giant pickle from the NEX :)

I did learn some interesting stuff at that party. The Ombudsmen read an e-mail from the Captain and there was some good news in the e-mail. I was also put on the mailing list for the FRG so I can get their events, hopefully I'll feel more comfortable the more I attend.

Yesterday we had a mellow day. We went to church and then had a quiet afternoon at home together. Nothing to special but it was really nice for us.

Nights are the hardest for me. After Lucy goes to bed the house is so quiet and feels so empty. I am going to watch the entire series of "Friends" (for like the millionth time) while he's away. It's my happy show, I always laugh. I have been watching 1 or 2 episodes before I go to sleep and so far I've had good dreams :)

I've been able to Skype with Sailor Man for the last couple of days and it's been nice. This morning was our last chance before they go out to sea. I'm anxious about it. I know he'll be able to e-mail me, and call when he can, but I can't help but feel anxious about not hearing from him... you know?

Lucy is doing well. I don't think she fully understands but she understands enough to know that he's gone for a while.

I think we'll be just fine. From what people have told me, we've made it through the hard first 24 - 36 hour separation period. We'll see how we do once he's at sea and communication is down.

I miss him terribly. I love him. I'm proud of him.




3 comments:

♥ Elizabeth said...

You're going to have those kinds of wives at every command... and DRAMA as well. That's the part that sucks.

The Wifey said...

I am glad you were able to come to the game night. It was fun and we'd love to get together again. Sorry the party didn't go so well for you. Whitney and I looked for you when we walked by the party but didn't see you. I agree...if you can survive the first couple of days you will be great. The nights are the worst for me too. I don't like the quiet or not having anyone to talk too.

kmelanese said...

((HUGS)) I hope you are able to make friends fast so you won't be so lonely! Remember I am only a phone call or text away!! If there is anything I can do let me know!!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs