Monday, August 23, 2010

You know what isn't nice?

Preparing a family to say "goodbye" only to find out he's not leaving today! We have to do this all over again, and poor Lucy is so confused. We told her Sailor Man was going to be gone for a long time, that he wasn't coming back; and then we find out we do get to pick him up today. She doesn't understand and I think it's going to be much harder on her to say "goodbye" a second time :(

I'm not looking forward to it.

On the plus side, as we were driving to the TPU office we hit every red light we could and traffic! Usually it would irritate the crap out of me, but today I was grateful. We got a few extra moments together as a family {until of course we found out he wasn't leaving}. Which I am sort of grateful for. I'm thankful that we have a little bit longer with him.

I know I keep saying I'll post the reunited pictures soon and I guess I should today.


She was so happy to see him, I can't wait for the next one

5 comments:

Jane Cat said...

Thats crappy I am sorry hun. its actully harder that way I am glad mine didn't get messed up. never did a big goodbye for my short underways kids didn't get it so I would leave like normal in the morning but not come back for a week harder on me and Keenan Sr then the kids.

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe hun I'm sorry! That's gotta be frustrating.

Beka said...

Awe! I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. =(

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

When C left for this last deployment, we had four or five "false starts". At false start number five, I was only half joking when I thought about telling him not to come home if he didn't depart. He could just sleep there until he left...whenever that was. The goodbyes (and hellos) were just starting to grate on me.

Carmen said...

I absolutely hate that. I had to say goodbye to Mike at least 2-3 times before he actually left. It really made it more difficult that way.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs