Friday, September 24, 2010

8 years

In September 2002 I was starting my senior year of high school. Sailor man was starting his junior year of high school and just broke up with his girlfriend. There was a church dance one Saturday in the middle of the month and I didn't really feel like going. Sailor man didn't want to go either. Chad made him go, and my dad made me go.

If you remember this post, I talk about how we had met 2 years earlier and I knew at that I was going to marry him. Over the course of those 2 years I dated someone and so did he and we just sort of saw each other randomly. Until that night.

Chad and I are "friends" so when I saw him with Sailor Man I headed over there to talk with him and ended up spending the evening with him. At the end of the night we exchanged numbers and he said he would call. I honestly don't know if I thought he actually would.. but I was hopeful.

The next Monday I called him after school... I think I called like 6 times. He was at football practice and I think I drove his sisters crazy calling that much. Anyway, when he finally called me back I just blurted out "will you go on a date with me"? Yup! I asked him on our first date.

On Saturday September 24, 2002 Sailor man and I went on our first date. We went to


for dinner and then headed to a miniature golf course. It was on the green of that mini golf course that Sailor man leaned in and kissed me for the first time. That night we started dating. We've had our ups and our downs but the ups by far out weigh the downs. I love him more today than the day I saw him. He is my soul mate. He is my everything. He is my hero. He is my life. He is my husband. He is my daughters father. He is my lover. He is my best friend.

 This was our first picture together
I came to say good bye when I left for Disneyland, but I love this picture
Valentine's Day dance
Sailor Man's Junior Prom
Before I left for college
Our wedding day July 12, 2005
The day our family became whole 


I love you a million billion gillion. Forever and Always.



1 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs