Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pirates

Did you know Pirates are still alive and well in this day in age? I mean they are not the swashbuckling Johnny Depp type pirates, but they are in fact still around. I'm sure you've heard stories recently of different ships being taken over by pirates. I don't know if it's because we're a Navy family now but I feel like I've heard more pirate stories recently then ever before.

Yesterday Sailor Man and I didn't get a chance to chat so I assumed there was something going on, and I tried my hardest not to panic but there will always be that thought in the back of my head. Always. I can't help it, I just keep myself busy and work through it. Anyway, this morning I got an e-mail from Sailor Man and he told me there was a block but he didn't know if he could talk about it over e-mail, but did say that I could probably find it on the news sites. The next e-mail in my inbox was from the Ombudsmen with the subject: "Pirate Ops". I felt my heartbeat start to race, and then I found the article.

US Marines take back pirate-held ship off Somalia 

Yup, real life pirates and real life hero's.. all in the day in the life of a Military servicemen(or woman)


P.S. I'm going to be introducing a new weekly segment to my blog either this week or next..


1 comments:

♥ Elizabeth said...

It really makes you stop and think about how brave these men and women are. They might not be in a "war zone", but the sea isn't always a friendly place. I hope all is well.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs