Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adventures in the City: Heavenly Cupcake

When I moved here one of the first things I heard about was this little place called heavenly cupcake. I knew I wanted to try it because I've always loved cupcakes! Cupcakes are pretty trendy right now and it's because they're amazing!






We got a chocolate cupcake that Lucy and her friend split and I got the pumpkin cupcake. I also got a red velvet cupcake because they're my all time favorite.

Chocolate Cupcake: Chocolate cake with rich chocolate butter cream topped with mini chocolate chips. 

Pumpkin Cupcake: Spiced pumpkin cake with a ginger cream cheese frosting.

Red Velvet Cupcake: traditional southern red velvet cake with a hint of cocoa topped with silky cream cheese frosting. 

It's right down town and parking is AWFUL. You have to drive around the block hoping someone is pulling out, but no matter where you park you have to feed the meter and most likely walk to the actual little shop. The shop is a very little place with not a whole lot of room, and to be honest the girl who serves us wasn't that friendly. The cupcakes were delicious but I wouldn't make a special trip downtown just to get one. If I'm down there (it's about a minute from the children's museum) I might go, but I wouldn't go everytime I'm down town. Overall I would rate is 3 out of 5. Good but not spectacular.

4 comments:

♥ Elizabeth said...

Oh, I just love them and have been known to go downtown just to get them! We usually do the curbside pickup though! Then it's not too bad, you just flash your hazzards and they bring them out to you. I think you need six, so we usually go on a Friday and have cupcakes all weekend.

*~BrittDill~* said...

Those look really good. Makes me want to make cupcakes!! :)

Cheyla Marie said...

red velvet is my favorite!

kmelanese said...

They do lookk good but I don't think I could eat just one! What is the pricing like? I eat a lot..... I would rather have cake or Cold Stone!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs