Saturday, October 9, 2010

Adventures in the City: Julian CA

Monday, Photina invited me to go to Julian California with her for the day. We met up with Elizabeth as well and some other lovely ladies! It's about an hour away and it's famous for it's apples. It reminds me a lot of Genoa back home actually, a cute little town! Our first stop was


where we picked up some fresh homemade bread and some orange juice. It was 1/2 off Monday and when we got there, at 11 am, it was almost all gone!!


Then we headed into Julian and made our second stop too
where we ate apple cider donuts

We walked around the little town (and when I say little, I mean like 1 main street!) and then headed to a little cafe for lunch (it also happens to be a flower shop)


After lunch we walked around a little more and then we found Lucy's favorite store..

Yup! I let her pick out some candy and she was in heaven!

The group of lovely ladies I was with!


When we got to Julian the weather was sunny and warm. After we left the Candy Basket the fog was rolling in. I'd never actually seen fog roll in so I didn't really know what it was. In only a matter of minutes we couldn't see across the street and it started to rain. We called it a day and headed home.

It's the kind of fog horror movies are made from!

2 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

So fun!!!

Allie said...

Yum! Makes me really want an apple cider doughnut!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs