Thursday, November 11, 2010

He's fighting for you

I've always considered myself to be a patriotic American. I've always been proud to fly the flag, salute the flag, and stand in silence as Veteran's passed in parades. We weren't an overly patriotic family growing up but I was taught a sense of respect when it came to American and it's Veterans. I always smile when I see the old man wearing his Vietnam hat scooting to his seat in the restaurant. I always smile and nod when they walk pass me in a store.

There is a different kind of Patriotism that flows through your veins when it's your husband who is wearing the uniform. I stand proudly as the wife of a United States Navy Sailor. I am proud that my husband voluntarily put on that uniform and is now serving in the world's finest Navy. Lucy understands that her daddy is a true hero and she is very proud of him.







Maybe this year, instead of giving a smile and a nod, I will stop and Thank a vet. Freedom isn't Free and I am grateful for those who have fought for my family to enjoy the freedoms we do.

3 comments:

kmelanese said...

Wow!!! What a great video!!! I loved it!

Key said...

<3 that video girlie.. happy vets day to you and the hubs :P take care
xoxo

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I love that video!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs