Thursday, November 18, 2010

I don't understand

WHY? Why must there be so much drama amongst females in general, but a higher amount amongst military spouses? 

I'm having a hard time with it lately. I've made a few friends online (yes, people I don't know in real life) that always seem to focus on negative issues and feed on the drama. I don't get it. I don't know why my husbands rank matters to YOU? I don't know why it matters which housing area I live in?

Don't get me wrong, I ask questions similar to those above but never in such fashion. I like to know what your husband does on the ship because I'm curious! You DON'T have to tell me what his rank is with his job description because it doesn't matter to me. We can be friends right? Right? right? 


I seem to be running into this issue a lot lately. It's plastered on facebook, blogs, and in real life. I try to just read a status and look away but it's that easy I suppose. I rarely respond to any drama because, well I don't need any more drama in my life, but I don't like to see my friends get hurt by people they thought were "friends". When I went to my first FRG event in San Diego, almost immediately after wives found out Sailor Man had left for the ship not even a couple days before, people stopped talking to me. They just stopped! My daughter and I sat alone pretty much the whole time we were there. AND I've been unfriended by people on facebook because I'm not an Officer's wife, one friend deleted me once her husband made officer. I don't need that in my life anyway, but what does a job promotion have to do with our friendship?

Can't we all just get along? Play nice? 

 

10 comments:

Brittany Sommer said...

Girl I could not POSSIBLY relate more to this post! You have seen all the drama on my page lately! AND how many people I deleted because of it! I say GOOD RIDDANCE to anyone that doesn't know how to be a real friend! They are missing out!

Courtney Birkbeck said...

I understand and I've been one to add to the drama lately, but I'm trying to be more positive, because I realized I was dragging everyone down with me. Trust me, I've gotten deleted by people because my husband's rank was below their husbands and it's like, gosh ladies, please! Why can't WE just be friends...it doesn't matter to me what rank everyone is. I could be an admirals wife and not care if I'm associating with an E-1. I don't care what people's ranks are...I just love being with people and being friends. :) So...you'll always have in me, a friend, no matter what our husband's ranks are. And God bless you, while your husband is deployed. I can't imagine how hard it must be. Blessings and more blessings!

Christina said...

I think because Military wives are suck a close nit group of ladies, the drama is easily fed... plus throw in Underways and Deployment.. I think sometimes the stresses of every day military life get the best of some people.

Some people will bring drama to those who want nothing with it.

Sadly, some military wives are more than just being proud of their husband with his rank, they feel they carry his rank for themselves. "An officer wife can't be friend's with an E2's wife because it's fraternizing with lower ranks"... which is true for chain of commands IN THE MILITARY.. but NOT in the ranks of "Being a Wife". Ok, now you got me on a rant haha

Carmen said...

I don't understand why military wives are such drama makers. I haven't really had a problem with any so far but I don't understand why rank is so important to wives. Wives all wear the same rank, they don't wear their husbands. I hope things get better for you hun!

♥ Elizabeth said...

I don't even know your husband's rank... and I don't care to know. You're my best friend in San Diego! Can't women get along or just shut up? I am finding out that no... no they can't.

kmelanese said...

Are you serious?? That is the most insane thing I have ever heard! What are we all back in 4th grade again? I do not care what your husband is, what you are, where you live or anything! Why does it matter? You will always have me as a friend!! I know nothing about military ranks. I hope things get better for you and screw those who will not be friends with someone as awesome as you!!!!! <3 you!!

Jenny and James said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of stuff. I really can not stand people like that that focus so much on status, job titles, money. Oh those people drive me insane. They are definitely missing out, because you are one of the nicest most sincere ladies I know. I wish we lived closer so that we could hang out more. It's their loss.

Heather said...

All the wives are in the same boat so they should just shut up and be friends =)Also, maybe some of them need something else to fill up their time instead of drama!

Bit of Blue Sky said...

I am so sorry you have having to deal with all of this! I am with you, I don't understand the drama that some of the military wives create. Part of me feels pity for these women because their lives must be lacking something or else they wouldn't feel the need to cause the drama and turn the attention on themselves.

Vanessa said...

You are living my life! All it takes is that one bad apple to spoil the bunch!

I'm like you, curious about what others do in the military but never really cared about rank or what have you. I think a lot of them forget we are all in this together and we shouldn't be dividing ourselves over silly things like where we live on base or what rank your husband is.

A military wife who wears their husband's rank is not a pretty sight! :(

Love your blog! New follower!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs