Friday, December 10, 2010

Where you be?!

I know I've been fairly MIA this past month. It started when my family came up for the weekend, we then went to Disneyland. Let me tell you, as soon as I smell that Disneyland air (and yes, there is a smell to it) I feel like I'm 8 years old again. You walk through those gates and everything melts away. You are a kid again, enjoying life. Except! I started feeling kinda crappy on Tuesday. I had zero energy, my back/hips hurt, I was starting to cough and I could not sleep. Wednesday I ended up only staying at the park for 1/2 a day. I missed out on a lot with my daughter because I was sick. She had a blast with her grandparents though. She was so brave! She went on every ride she was tall enough for and never even screamed or cried. Such a big girl. 

So after Disneyland we drove up to Northern Nevada with my parents and stayed with them through Thanksgiving. I ended up going to the ER the day after we got back cause I was still feeling like poo. I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis. I started an antibiotic and was sent on my way. I felt like I was getting better but I could not get rid of this cough. Then I started showing signs of a UTI, so I went to my old family doctor who gave me some "good stuff" (cough syrup) and discovered that I did not have a UTI but my left fallopian tube was nice and inflamed and infected. Super great being a girl. 

Once again I was started on a round of antibiotics and sent on my way. Well it's been over a month now and my cough is still lingering. I went to see my new doctor here today, who thinks it might be allergies! So I'm starting Zrytec and an albuteral inhaler and hopefully we can get it under control. Yeah, we'll see. And to top it off, I started my monthly bill this morning. If I'm not on birth control I don't have a period every month, so when I do get my periods I get like a double dose of the awesome cramps that come with it. Seriously, it's super great being a girl.

Some awesome good news though...We have a date for Sailor Mans return. Let me tell you how excited I am about this. Because, I am so beyond excited that it's like consumed my life. However, there is a bit of bad news. There is a chance that he will have duty the day they get back which means it will be another 24 hours before we actually get him. I'm debating whether or not I want to take Lucy down to homecoming day. She wont appreciate it if we leave with out him. I'm hoping and praying that he will not have duty and that he does get to come home. 

So there is my update of life as of late. I am back in San Diego so I will be starting my Adventures in the City again.. and I will be blogging more often again. Life is back to normal, in whatever sense of the word my life is. 

3 comments:

Adrie Kovic said...

I'm battling a cough and cold myself...it's that time of year, I guess...get well soon!!

____j said...

I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well, but I hope that you are back to 100% by Christmas time. Take it easy!

Photina said...

I am glad you are back in San Diego. Can't wait to see your Adventures in the City. I am thinking of copying you when we get to WA.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs