Saturday, January 8, 2011

Books



 I'm what people might consider a book nerd. I never read for pleasure before I was 14. I read the babysitters club and goosebumps because I loved them, but I loathed reading for any reason. When I was 14 my mom made me read "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", I refused for a long time because it's "a childs book" and I was, after all, 14 and clearly an adult. Anyway, I read the first book. Then the second, and by the end of 2 weeks I had read all 4. The 5th book came out the day of my wedding reception. I was trying to sneak a paragraph or 2 between greeting people. Sailor Man let me read it on the plane to and from our honeymoon but not during the week. I finished the 6th and 7th books in days.

A little flame had been lit inside of me. I loved reading from then on, and has since become a book nerd. I have been swept in the "Vampire" craze of today, and not just for "Twilight" though I did read all those books (and I've seen the movies), but by other Vampire novels and stories. In general I read any type of books, mystery is my favorite though.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, I'm thinking about starting a new blog (yes, I know I have a problem. I'm looking for meetings in my area as I type this) about books. If you recall, I've found a couple of lists with 100 of the best books you should read and one of my goals for 2011 is reading those books. My sister started an online long distance book club, and I was thinking of starting my own. We would base our book choices off the list and read it and discuss them.

If you're interested let me know. If I can get enough interest I will start one, but I don't want to start one and have no one participate with me, I don't want to be a book nerd and a loser at the same time.

3 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i would definately follow your blog, but i may not be able to read all the books. i mostly read what i find at second hand shops.

KAE said...

I LOVE to read as well, I always make time, no matter what! I was also thinking that I wanted to join a book club, so if you start one let me know and I will join in!
http://navyanchorsaway.blogspot.com/

kmelanese said...

You know that I love to read!! I would totally read that blog! I just started reading Harry Potter and i read it every free second I get. I am on the 4th book right now. I never read them because I thought they were "children's" book too.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs