Friday, January 7, 2011

Limbo

Sailor Man is assigned to a ship that is decommissioning in July. We are waiting for our new orders to another ship, which will come between now and the end of the month (or so we think...). There are a few things that we want to try to plan to do/save for but we really can't until we know where we're going, or if we're even moving! The unknown is driving me crazy. I hate not being able to make plans, even tentative plans! 

There is a small part of me that hopes we move (I'm hoping for overseas...), but at the same time we just got here, I don't want to pack up and move again in such a short time. Would it really be so bad? Probably not. I could adjust if I needed too. I'm asked a lot that if I got to choose and was guaranteed to go there, where would I want Sailor Man to be stationed?

That's a pretty loaded question. There are so many things to think about and so many pro's and con's to them all. If I got to choose out of purely selfish reasons, I would choose Italy or Greece. How marvelous would it be to live in either of those countries, basically for free? So much history and life to live there! I would soak it up and adjust pretty quickly. I would like to go to Virginia, we have family close to Norfolk. I would go to Hawaii.. pretty much anywhere stateside. Japan would be a lot of fun. The culture calls to me. The Sushi calls to Sailor Man. Spain would be lot's of fun. The Bahama's would be fun for a little while (but I was informed that eggs were $4+ a dozen..). I would NEVER EVER EVER go to Bahrain or Korea (I mean I would probably go, but I wouldn't be very happy about it). I prefer not to go to Guam.

Look at the picture.. is he coming or going? As I stare at the picture I see myself and family on that horse. We don't know where we're going and we don't know what we're doing. Sometime in the next 24 days we should now which way we're headed.

4 comments:

Courtn said...

wow, moving so soon? and he couldn't be assigned to a decommissioned ship? I know that would be simply awful, because it goes on a 14 month deployment (what my husband will be doing his last year in the Navy). I hope for your sake that you get to go somewhere you want to go! I love SD because my family is about 5 hours north, so I'll be able to see them more often.

Bridgette S. said...

Gosh I hate the unknown! We're moving in April or May, and have NO CLUE where we are off too either! :P

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Being in limbo sucks but once you find out, the excitement is so built up its like a floodgate opens.

Sailor Bride said...

Oh... I hope it's quick in the finding out... quick and solid :) None of this "oh, Norfolk... no, we meant San Diego. We were confused" bologna!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs