Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adventures in the City: Cheesecake Factory and Sprinkles Cupcakes

I told you I was going to be bringing this segment back! I haven't really done anything new in awhile, since you have to have money to do stuff, but today I got to go out with my bestie - the Young Retiree, AKA Elizabeth! The weather has been pretty crummy this last week, lot's of rain and wind.. but we were hoping for some good weather so we could hit up one of the outdoor malls. Eh, we kind of got it.. it was hit and miss today ((right now as I'm writing this, it's like a hurricane outside!))

Our first stop was Sprinkles. Have you ever watched "Cupcake Wars" on the Food Network? The head female judge on the show opened the first Cupcake Bakery in Beverly hills, Sprinkles. Well it's super popular and locations are popping up pretty much everywhere now, and it just so happens I live about 15 minutes from one. It's famous - so we had to try it :) Elizabeth had discovered that the lines for this place can be 2 hours long, what the what!? We decided to give it a try anyway. I'm so glad we did.

The rain held off until we were inside ((side story - there was this chick in line who decided she was "line monitor" and like wouldn't move. She got all pissy when we asked if she was going to move up, and then took her sweet time ordering her stupid cupcakes)).

1/2 dozen - 2 red velvets, black and white, 1 vanilla with milk chocolate, and 2 dark chocolates
 me and my red velvet..
 the awesomenss of red velvet in a convenient self serve package
So amazing, and so worth the 8,000 calories it is.

Next we headed to lunch (yes, we certainly did have dessert first!). Cheesecake factory!

Neither one of us have ever been here before, and we really didn't know what to expect!

Appetizer - Vietnamese Pork Taco's. My mouth is drooling just thinking about it..
and for my lunch I had their Chicken Salad Sandwich with sweet potato fries... delish.

I don't know why I didn't take pictures of Elizabeth eating her food, cause hers looked amazing too!

After lunch we walked over to Bloomingdales where we played "Name that price". Yeesh.

We had a blast, we always have a lot of fun when we get the chance to get together!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

love the Cheesecake factory! They have so much yummy food there. I hope you tried the cheesecake?

Elizabeth said...

I couldn't believe the rain tonight! It was B.A.N.A.N.A.S! I had such a good time though! Thanks for new experiences with me :)

____j said...

I love the Cheesecake Factory! One of my favorite restaurants, ever.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs