Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book List Review: Pride & Prejudice


"Elizabeth meets Darcy, they hate each other. Elizabeth realizes how perfect they are for each other. They get together, a lot of criticism of society sprinkled through."
Jenna Evans, Resident Scholar

I didn't like the book. To be perfectly honest it was a HARD book to get through, maybe it's because I didn't understand some of the language and it made me feel dumb, or maybe it's because I've seen the movie. It took me about a month to get through the whole book, which is out of the norm of me, even in a busy month. I just over all.. in my OWN star rating, give it 2 out of 5. 

Next up: "The Lord of the Rings" - JRR Tolkien.


5 comments:

Jenny and James said...

To bad you didn't like it, it's one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what you think of your next book. I had to read that one in college and I hated it.

Kate said...

I love that book. I'm also a fan of The Lord of The Rings but it took me multiple tries to get through it

KT said...

I have never read P&P or seen the movies. I find it BORING. I've started the book a few times, but blah.

I do love me some LOTR though. I've read it twice and enjoyed it both times. Are you planning on taking a break between the three parts? Or just reading straight through?

Sailor's Wife said...

I read all 3 in high school and I actually really enjoyed them. I'm not sure if I will take a break or just read through, I might read the first and then the second while I'm reading some other books too. I'm not sure.

Heather said...

Jane Austin is one of my favorite authors of all time! The movies are pretty good too so maybe you would like those better than the book....

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs