Saturday, February 12, 2011

Guest Blogger - What makes a house a home?

The wonderful Brittany from My Life as a Sailor's Princess, graciously accepted my invitation to be my very first guest blogger. If you don't read her already, you really should. She's an amazing lady and a great friend!


Is a house really a home when your loved one is gone? The answer? Yes. Of course we feel the absence every day but no matter how many times I feel like this will never be "home" without my husband here, at the end of an evening out I still say, "I'm going home".

I never thought 6 months ago that I would be saying that. I have grown so much during this deployment that I say or do something that surprises me every single day. I was a weak shell of the woman I am today when my husband first deployed. During the first 2 months I thought I was going to miss him and cry myself to sleep every night until he comes home. No matter how many times people told me "It will get easier", I never believed it would.

The truth be told, it DID get easier. Once I got a routine going the days seemed to fly by. I kept busy. If not by working or writing, by hanging out with my friends or even myself. Don't get me wrong, there have still been days where I break down and the time seems to slide by at a snails rate but it's nowhere near as bad as it once was.

Now, my husbands homecoming is right around the corner and I'm freaking out! I feel like I have SO MUCH to do and not enough time in the day to do it. Let's just say, I am booked full until homecoming day. Yeah, I fully intend to make the rest of these days fly and I just know everything will fall right into place <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs