Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fancy Schmancy

Sailor Man and I had our fancy Navy party last night -- I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting but it wasn't that party. On the tickets it said "Cocktail Attire", I was shocked by how many people, men especially, were dressed like it was just another day. The sailor's had voted on not wearing their uniform (sad day for the women!) so most of the men dressed up in suits, but there were quite a few men dressed in shorts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, skate shoes, and ball caps. I know it wasn't formal attire but cocktail certainly doesn't mean a hooters t-shirt!!

I got a pedicure and my face waxed on Thursday while Goose was in school, and yesterday I had a friend do my hair and I went to the NARS make up counter at the exchange to do my makeup. It was the first time I'd really dressed up since our wedding day. We've never had an occasion to really dress up, so it was so fun for me. What girl doesn't like too?

I was worried that the women would all be in black dresses, I couldn't find a black dress I liked - so mine was purple! 










 Captain Bolt giving his schpeal about the wonderful Sailor's of the USS Dubuque
 Sailor's and Families
 Sailor's and Families
 Dinner - Green salad, salmon with risotto, marinated pepper tenderloin and asparagus, and rolls ((it wasn't superb but it wasn't awful))
 Dessert! Chocolate fountain
 Truffles, fruit and tea cakes for the chocolate
 The band.... it was so loud and she was like screaming in the mic, but it was fun to dance :)

9 comments:

9c62ef28-57d2-11e0-98af-000bcdcb471e said...

You look great!! Such a beautiful family! I'm glad you had a great time, and I'm shocked too, that so many people went casual!!

♥ Elizabeth said...

Welcome to the Navy :) One disappointing event after another. Remind me one day to tell you the story about our first Medical Service Corps Ball... and I use the term "Ball" loosely. Hahaha, or a fany dinner where he wore khaki's and a dinner jacket and I wore a skirt suit and people wanted to know why we were so dressed up and where we were going!

Sarah said...

You guys looked great! Dinner looked awesome. :)

Cat said...

That dress looks awesome on you! It's quite alright to be the best-looking in the room :)

And a chocolate fountain? Yum!

Mary Nicole said...

You looked beautiful in your purple dress :] Glad you had a great time!

Pamela said...

It's such a shame when people don't abide by the dress code. I don't think anyone in a shorts, a sweatshirt or T-shirt should be admitted to an event that's "cocktail attire". You two look wonderful!

Photina said...

I think you look absolutely gorgeous in your dress! It looks like you had such a blast and you both look sharp together!

chambanachik said...

Beautiful! I just went to my first ball last night, and it is such a cool experience! Looks like a great evening!

volcomGORE said...

I just found your blog this week, just reading through the archives. I love it. & your family looks beautiful in these photos!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs