Monday, April 25, 2011

Recipe Swap Tuesday: Crock pot!






I love the crock pot. It's one of the best inventions EVER. I use my crock pot at least once a week. Sometimes twice. You just throw everything in there, forget it, and voila! Dinner is ready. LOVE IT.

Chicken stew
4 celery stocks, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped (I like bigger chunks)
5 or 6 medium carrots, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 squash, chopped
4 chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
Some potatoes (I use the russet potatoes, I cut up 2 or 3 into chunks, I peel them as well!) 3 or 4 garlic cloves, chopped
8 cups of water
8 small bullion cubes

Put everything in the crock pot on low 8-9 hours. Just before dinner take out all the stuff and mix some bisquick with some milk and make a thick batter. Drop in spoon fulls of it at a time and cook 3 minutes on each side in the hot liquid. Serve the stuff, dumpling and broth in a bowl.

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

8 oz. macaroni
12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. reg. milk
1 can cheddar cheese soup
3 c. (12 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 c. butter
2 tbsp. oil

Cook macaroni for 5 to 7 minutes, drain. Mix macaroni into 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and remaining ingredients. Put rest of cheese on top. Cook on low heat in crock pot for 3 hours.

Crockpot BBQ Chicken
2 bottles BBQ Sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
small onion, quarters (optional)

Directions:

Cover bottom of crockpot with BBQ sauce, plan chicken in and cover with remaining BBQ sauce (I usually only use 1 bottle, but it's nice to have 2 just in case!) and cover with onions if you want them

Crockpot Corn Chowder
4 to 6 slices bacon or turkey bacon
1 med onion chopped
1 tablespoon flour
3 to 4 cups frozen corn
1 can cream of celery soup (Healthy Request)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup green and/or red pepper, chopped
2 large potatoes red or yellow, cubed
1 cup evaporated milk (or cream)
herb seasoning blend
salt and pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions

Directions:
Saute bacon in skillet until crisp; remove with slotted spoon, drain, then crumble. If using turkey bacon, use a little vegetable oil in the skillet. Add onion to drippings and sauté briefly; sprinkle with flour and stir until well blended. In slow cooker, combine corn, soup, broth, chopped bell pepper, potatoes, onion roux mixture, and bacon in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Add evaporated milk and seasonings in 30 minutes before serving. Serves 4 to 6.

Crockpot Lasagna
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
16 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles
24 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
8 oz. container ricotta cheese
1/2 pound ground beef, cooked (optional)
1/2 pound itailian sausage, cooked (optional)

Directions

~ cover bottom of crockpot with spaghetti sauce
~ Layer uncooked noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese, cheddar, meat, parmesan, mozzarella, until you reach the top ~ Cover top layer with sauce and remaining cheese
~ cook on low for 5 hours. The first time you make this be sure you're home so you can test out the time.


Yummmmy!!! Let me see yours!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

French Dip:
2 cans beef broth
2 lbs beef, elk or deer
1 small onion
5 mushrooms
garlic powder
season salt
Deli rolls
1/2 c sour cream
1 TS horseradish (more if you like it hotter)
swiss cheese slices

add broth to crock pot, add meat-does not have to be cut, I have used stew peices, roasts and steaks. Cut mushrooms and onion along with garlic powder (or fresh if you want) and season salt. Cook on high for a few hours or on low for around 5 hours. When done, scoop meat out and shred the meet and place back in crock pot. toast bread, mix sour cream and horseradish together and spread a little on bread, add meat and top with cheese. add a little broth into a small little sauce bowl for dipping! This is one of my hubbys FAV!!!

Joan said...

okay, I seriously need to link up one of these Tuesdays..the only thing this week is..I've never used my crockpot!! LOL..I really should, because it seems so easy. Thanks for sharing, now I need to go find the thing&get all cleand up!

kmelanese said...

I have a crockpot and hardly ever use it because I don't know any recipes. I like you doing these because I am just starting to cook a lot and love all these recipes!! I never link up because I don't have very many recipes, but keep it up because I always read it!!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs