Monday, April 18, 2011

Recipe Swap Tuesday: Easter






Since it's almost Easter, I thought it would be nice to swap Easter recipes! I have a couple that I will be sharing with you today! Easter was always a big deal in our family, we'd go to my grandparents house in California and have a blast. The dinner was always special because it was massive, we had all our family + close family friends. It's fun to remember these things as I've gotten older, and at least 1 of these dishes holds a special place in my heart. 

1. Mom's Scalloped Potatoes (seriously, my favorite dish EVER. I would eat a mountain of these if I could - and it holds a place in my heart as it was my grandma's recipe)

Ingredients~

1 pound potatoes, thinly sliced (NOT julian but in round slices)
1 onion, chopped
2 or 3 cans of Cream of Celery Soup
8-16 oz. gruyere cheese

Directions~

1. Preheat oven to 375*, Grease bottom of pan
2. Put one layer of potatoes, sprinkle onion on top, spread some soup over the onions and then sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until you have a full pan. Cover with foil
3. Bake for 40 minutes, remove foil and cook 10 -15 minutes more until browned.

2. Sinful Potatoes

Ingredients~
2lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups sour cream
Unseasoned bread crumbs

Directions~

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs in large bowl, mix well
3. Spread in a 9x13 baking pan, top with bread crumbs
4. Bake for 1 hour

3. Pineapple Stuffing (this is really sweet, so it tastes very desserty)

Ingredients~
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 20oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
5 slices white bread, cubed

Directions~

1. Preheat oven to 350*, grease a 9 inch baking pan
2. In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the pineapple and bread cubes
3. Bake in oven for 1 hours. Let sit a few minutes before serving

4. Honey Butter Carrots
Ingredients~
5 cups sliced carrots (you can slice them anyway you want, I always do it length wise)
1 stick butter
1/2 - 1 cup honey
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions~

~ slice carrots
~ melt butter in large pan over medium heat
~ add 1/2 cup of honey, stir well
~ add carrots and saute over low-medium heat until carrots are tender
~ salt & pepper to taste!


5. Deviled Eggs

Ingredients~

12 Hard Cooked eggs 
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon minced chives
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons milk
Fresh parsley
Additional paprika

Directions~  
1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
2. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the next 10 ingredients; mix well. 
3. Evenly fill the whites. 
4. Garnish with parsley and paprika. 

6. Green Bean and Tomato Salad

Ingredients~
1 pound fresh green beans
4 or 5 medium tomatoes, chunked
olive oil
red wine vinegar
coarse sea salt

Directions~

1. Cook and cool green beans
2. Mix all ingredients together, you have to judge how much oil and vinegar to use by your tastes. Salt to taste
3. Let refrigerate 2 - 3 hours before serving
 


Now, for all who participate this week your name will be put in a drawing to win a Free Scentsy item! So link it up with me!


Also, don't forget to check out my giveaway!

3 comments:

Blue said...

I'm new to the world of blogging, so would you mind shooting me a quick email (ablueinga06@yahoo.com) and explain to me how to "link up". I'm very interested!! Thank you so much.

P.S. I absolutely adore your blogs. The Easter Recipe exchange is going to be awesome. The pineapple stuffing sounds AMAZING :)

Amanda said...

those potato recipe's sound GREAT! Hungry now. :)

kmelanese said...

Yummy!! I'm glad you did Easter recipes because I have to do Easter dinner myself this year and I have zero ideas.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs