Monday, April 18, 2011

run run run as fast as you can


I've always been interested in running, whenever I watch someone run it seem so therapeutic for them. I've always wanted to be able to say "I'm going out for a run", but weighing what I do running is not an option for me. I can't run for very long at all without feeling like death is behind me. So I've heard about this program before and today I am starting The Couch to 5K Running Program. Basically this is the BEST program I have found in my research. This is the first week:

Week Workout 1 Workout 2 Workout 3
1 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.


Easy right? That's it... 60 seconds of jogging to 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. 20 minutes! No sweat... well I'll probably be drenched in sweat by the time it's over but, 60 seconds is not that much time! If you're new to running, or interested check out this program -- we can do it together!

Today on facebook a page I'm a "fan" of posted this article: 50 Things You Need To Give Up Today. It's an interesting article, and some very good advice. 

46. Give up fussing with every beauty product on the market. – Good looks attracts the eyes.  Personality attracts the heart.  Be proud to be you.  That’s when you’re beautiful.

44. Give up thinking about the things you don’t have. – Appreciate everything you do have.  Many people aren’t so lucky.

41. Give up focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – Focus on what you do want to happen.  Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story.  If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close attention, you’ll often find that you’re right.

39. Give up making emotional decisions. – Don’t let your emotions trump your intelligence.  Slow down and think things through before you make any life-changing decisions. 

32. Give up worrying about what others think of you. – Unless you’re trying to make a great first impression (job interview, first date, etc.), don’t let the opinions of others stand in your way.  What they think and say about you isn’t important.  What is important is how you feel about yourself.

28. Give up eating as a means of entertainment. – Don’t eat when you’re bored.  Eat when you’re hungry.

20. Give up letting your thoughts and feelings bottle up inside. – People are not mind readers.  They will never know how you feel unless you tell them.

What are the ones that stuck out to you?



P.S. - don't forget to check out my giveaway

5 comments:

Lady Lyndsea said...

Here are just a few that stood out to me. It's amazing how that makes you think. A lot of this describes some of the stuff I am going through right now.


Give up comparing yourself to others. – The only person you are competing against is yourself.

Give up dwelling on the past or worrying too much about the future. – Right now is the only moment guaranteed to you. Right now is life. Don’t miss it.

Give up holding grudges. – Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.

Give up letting your thoughts and feelings bottle up inside. – People are not mind readers. They will never know how you feel unless you tell them.

Thank you so much for posting this!

AK said...

THANK YOU so much for posting this! I'm going to sign up for my college's police academy program in August and have yet to start doing full-fledged running as I really don't know where to begin. Thanks for posting this!!

Cat said...

I'm about to start Week 8 of Couch to 5k! I seriously can't believe I've made it this far--I hate running! But I've come to like it a lot more now :) Good luck to you!

Blue said...

First of all, I tried the "Couch to 5K" program, but was not successful. I enjoyed the challenge and the work out, but I have NEVER been a runner!

Secondly...THANKS for the "50 Things..." post. It's very inspiring. I've been dealing with some crazy emotions lately, and this article really helped put things in perspective for me!

Kaycee said...

I have always wanted to be a runner, and I started the couch to 5k program too before I ended up with plantar fac. and had to stop. I'm coming to terms with NOT being a runner, but I'm still trying to get in shape.

Stumbled upon your blog today and enjoyed reading. Nice to "meet" you! :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs