Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shake shake shake...

shake shake shake..... shaaaaaaake your booty.

I started working out pretty hard this week. When I work out I have to have something keeping me occupied - TV, music, books, magazines.. something! I usually listen to music, have the tv on, and have something to read, what can I say? I'm a mutli tasker!

So last night I'm on the elliptical and I am fighting the urge to break out in dance and sing at the top of my lungs. All my songs get my booty shaking and it's hard to fight that urge, but I don't people staring at me. What's your favorite song to get your booty moving?

Some of the songs on my play list include...

"Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns N' Roses
"Flavor of the Week" - American Hi-Fi
"What's my age again?" - Blink 182
"Smells like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
"Hit me with your best shot" - Pat Benatar
"Here's to the night" - Eve 6 (my favorite song ever!)
"Come on Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight Runners
"Pretty Fly (for a white guy)" - The Offspring
"My own worst enemy" - Lit
"Alive" - POD
"Paradise City" - Guns N' Roses
"We are the Champions" - Queen
"Girl all the bad guys want" - Bowling for Soup
"Mony Mony" - Billy Idol
"Mrs. Robison" - Simon & Garfunkel
"Everybody have fun tonight" - Wang Chung
"Dancing with myself" - Billy Idol
"The Real Slim Shady" - Eminem
"Hey, Soul Sister" - Train

and I always finish my workout listening to a live version of "Don't stop believin'" from Journey. I like to pretend that Steve Perry is talking to me, and the audience is cheering for me. Yup, I'm that lame!

I'm kind of all over the place! If you were to look at mine and Sailor Man's itunes list, you would think it belonged to someone with multiple personalities, but as my mom pointed out that just means we know what good music is! We have stuff from the 50's-present, rock, rap, country, alternative.. all over the place. But I married a man who loves music and he has since turned me into a huge lover. I have always been in love with 80's and 90's music but my tastes are ever expanding.

What's on your work out list?

2 comments:

AK said...

It really depends on my mood and what I'm going for...if I'm doing a lot of cardio, then I'll put on dance/electronica music like DJ Tiesto, ATB, DJ Sammy, etc. If I'm doing more stuff like shadow boxing, it's always hard rock like Avenged Sevenfold or Rammstein!

Oh, and I've done the 30-day shred for awhile now...you will see SUCH a huge difference in your endurance, especially in the cardio circuit!

kmelanese said...

I have Blink 182 and Nirvana on mine too!! I also have A LOT of Nickleback, Pearl Jam, Matchbox 20. A lot of Rap and Alternative on mine. I like to listen to music and watch TV too. I am kind of scatter brained like that!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs