Monday, April 11, 2011

you are never alone

Last night Navy Doll brought an extremely disturbing blog post to my attention. Jessica from "{mis}adventures and an army wife" posted a blog entitled "A Final Goodbye". As I clicked on the link, the first sentence "If you are reading this, you should know that I am dead.  At least I hope I'm dead.  It would be awful to fail at your own suicide." My heart literally stopped for a moment while I sat there and read the entire post. This had been been set to autopost, so when I read it no one knew if she was alive, if she had succeeded in her attempt, if it was a joke, or what was going on. A few people had commented that they had contacted the MP's at her base and gave them the information, but we still didn't know. About 20 minutes later and anonymous commenter stated that he was an MP at her base, and that she had been found safe. This morning it has been determined that she has been in the hospital getting the help she needs. Thank goodness. Please keep Jessica Harp in your prayers. She needs all the love and support we can send her.

I don't know how to feel about this. I have been to that point myself. I have been to the point where it seems the only way out is death, to the point of "no return". I have blogged before about my depression and anxiety but I'm not all that comfortable talking about it in detail. It's hard to talk about. It's hard to admit it to people that you're human. And that is what you are -- human NOT weak. I can not stress this enough, it doesn't make you a weak person. 

Military One Source is an excellent place to start. They offer you 12 FREE counseling sessions and then if you need more they will get you to the correct place, and tricare will usually cover it (just make sure you see someone who is a provider). You can call Military One Source at 1.800.342.9647. You can also call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) they are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And you can always call 911 if you need to. I am not a therapist or even certified, but if you ever need someone to just talk to, you can e-mail me at coaswblog@hotmail.com and I will always listen. Please don't wait until you hit the bottom to get the help you need, if you have feelings of depression call someone now. You can get it under control, you can come up from the bottom, you can survive.

"the night is always darkest just before the dawn"

3 comments:

my other half is a sailor. said...

glad she is getting the help she needs.

kmelanese said...

I am glad Jessica was found unharmed. I pray for her recovery and for her to know she is a daughter of God and is never alone!

Dawna said...

My heart stopped as I read this... I'm glad to hear that she is safe and getting the help she needs. I've had my moments over the years, but have - thankfully - never gone that far. I will most certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers...

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs