Sunday, May 22, 2011

26

(photobucket)

Today I am 26. I feel very odd about getting older. When I was a teenager, it couldn't come fast enough! Everything was going to be so much better because my parents didn't have a clue. Well here I am at 26 and I call my mom and/or dad 5 or 6 times a week to talk to them about something going on, ask questions about raising Goose, ask about a recipe, or just to chat.  I think I did this last year too... but here are 26 things you may or may not know about me...

1. My middle name is Wildes (family name)
2. I am the 2nd of 5 children
3. I married the 4th of 6 children
4. My favorite color is purple, but since that is also Goose's favorite color I'm not allowed to like it, so I always say green
5. My favorite movie of all time is "That Thing You Do"
6. My least favorite movie of all time is "The Ninth Gate"
7. My favorite food is potato - prepared in any fashion, even raw
8. I am facebook obsessed
9. I am a Scentsy Consultant
10. I like to stay up late and sleep late (the latter happens rarely)
11. I love "The X-Files"
12. We don't have cable -- just an antenna
13. I watch something on instant Netflix more than 7 times a week
14. I want to go into Space someday
15. The Harry Potter series is my favorite book series ever
16. I love to cook
17. I hate flying
18. My dream house is the "Forrest Gump" house, on a cliff side in Maine
19. I have been to Europe
20. I have a total irrational fear of Jack the Ripper
21. I would choose chips and onion dip over candy any day
22. I'm not a sports fan
23. I know diddly squat about cars
24. My daughter was a c-section
25. I will continue to watch kid shows after my daughter walks away
and finally... 26. I am the luckiest lady on the planet

I'm also going to pair this up with "Getting to Know You" from Mannland5!

(does anyone else get the song "Getting to know you" from "The King and I" in your head when you do this? "getting to know you... getting to know all about you..")



1. Whats your favorite rainy day activity?
Lazy! I love to read, cuddle on the couch with a good movie, and nap

2. What time do you go to bed?
between 12 and 2...

3. How many magazine do you subscribe to?
3 - Self, Woman's Fitness, Readers Digest

4. Did you sell all your belongings because you thought the world was ending yesterday?
No, I did not. 

5. Whats your beauty obsession?
trying to hide my acne

6. If you could only wear one designer/brand for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Does Old Navy count?

7. Whats your summer must have?
flip flops!

8. Do you make weekly dinner menus?
Yes... I don't always follow them though

8 comments:

Dr. Army Wife said...

Happy Birthday!

Photina said...

Happy birthday my friend! :-) Loved getting to know you more.

Mrs. 147 said...

Happy Birthday!! I loved reading all those fun facts about you!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

And I love Old Navy too! I'd be sad if they left us!

http://elizabeththomasblog.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday!! I love Old Navy!

chambanachik said...

Happy birthday! :)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!

I don't have cable either, screw paying for something I can get for free from an antenna or the internet!

And - I'm with you on the chips and dip thing...give me those any day and I'm one happy lady! :)

Hope you enjoyed your special day!

Allie said...

Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs