Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Adventures in the City: Hollywood (part 3)

Hollywood Boulevard
Grauman's Chinese Theater
This is one of the MOST exciting things we got to see. Ever since I was a teenager (oh so long ago!) I've wanted to go and see the hand prints. What I didn't realize is that it's apparently much harder to get your hand prints than it is to get a star on the walk. I really didn't realize that it is a small area of the boulevard (only 200 as opposed to nearly 2,300 stars!), but exciting none the less!

Steve McQueen (for my daddy!)
Al Pacino (for my mama! he is so little!)
Gregory Peck
Jack Lemmon

Cary Grant (swoon!)
Henry Fonda
Ron Howard
Tom Hanks
Elizabeth standing in Samuel L. Jackson's feet
Michael Douglas
Johnny Depp
and I am touching Denzel Washington

The happy little fellow to greet you at the theater

I also didn't realize that it's an actual theater. I'm not sure what I thought it was, but I certainly didn't know they played movies there. While we were there TCM was holding a film festival so it was pretty crowded! 
tomorrow... the iconic intersection and sign!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs