Sunday, May 1, 2011

Adventures in the City: TOM's sample sale (part 1)

Earlier this week my BFF over at The Young Retiree asked if I would accompany her to a sample sale for TOM's shoes, what mostly got me to say "yes" was when she said "and then do some sight seeing around Hollywood".... UM YES! Joey laughs at me all the time because I want to go to Hollywood and look around, even my mom laughed at me. BUT seriously, Hollywood is exciting!
So I will probably be posting a few blog's about this, because there is a lot to cover. We saw so much in the day we were there, so I'm going to break up the posts so I don't miss anything - hopefully!


Part 1. TOM's Sample Sale:


I got up at 3:15 to be ready to walk out my door by 4 and head up to Elizabeth's house by 5. Seriously I had a hard time getting my butt out of bed and into that shower, but I made it, unlike some people! We headed out her door a little after 5 to make the 2ish hour drive to TOM's warehouse. We were there about an hour before the doors opened, and we knew it was a mistake.




There were easily 600 people in front of us, and a TOM's rep even came out to tell us that there might not be enough shoes for everyone. We waited in line for about 3 hours to get to the door. We finally did and I wasn't sure I was going to find any shoes I liked enough to buy (the shoes are normally $40 - $50, and there were going for about $20).

How amazing are these shoes? I LOVE them... but I could only find the right show :( I couldn't find the left shoe to save my life, I was really sad about it too. BUT I managed to find 1 pair that I fell in love with, and 1 for Goose so I am happy about it!




Coming tomorrow..

2 comments:

RamirezFamily said...

Oh my goodness what it this TOMS? I LOVE shoes like that and have a hard time finding them. Sometimes Old Navy gets them in and sometimes Target but not as cute as those!! Thats so cool! Cannot wait to here your Hollywood tales.... because I am jealous! ;)

♥ Elizabeth said...

For the record: IT WAS REALLY WINDY! My lips are wind burned just from standing there!

Also, I was so sad we couldn't find the other shoe :( They would have been PERFECT!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs