Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recipe Swap Tuesday: Pork





Yes I am fully aware that today is Wednesday, but I had so much going on yesterday I didn't get a chance to post the exchange. From now on I'll post on Monday nights so I don't miss it again, I don't like missing it either! Also, please note that on the top of my blog I have a poll: please answer!

This week is PORK!!! I'm not a huge fan of pork, there are few recipes that I enjoy eating... and most of them are either pork roast or pork tenderloin. However! I found this recipe for pork chops and I love love love it.

Golden Mushroom Pork & Apples

- 2 cans Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 large green apples, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 8 boneless pork chops (about 3/4" thick)

In a slow cooker mix soup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and thyme. Add apples, onions and pork. Cover and cook LOW 8-9 hours.

My other favorite thing to do is buy a pork tenderloin and make my own marinade. Like this Terriyaki one, and then cook it in the oven... mmm so good.

1 comments:

♥ Elizabeth said...

It's kind of annoying that the only other link is a blog open to invited guests only. Why bother linking up?

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs