Thursday, June 2, 2011

The one that is full of mush

*disclaimer: this is a mushy mushy love post

I'm linking it up with Goodnight moon today and her Thursday Song Link Up! This is the first time I'm joining in, but it shant be my last!



"and I will love you, till forever".... When we were dating, Sailor Man gave me flowers pretty often. When we were newly married, we were poorer than poor and couldn't afford real flowers. He gave me 3 fake roses in a vase with a little handwritten note "I will love you until these flowers die" - those flowers sit on my DVD case in the living room. "I love you a million billion gillion" is a phrase we've used for the last almost 9 years, and being the clever little booger he is, Sailor Man always adds "plus 2" at the end of his, just to one up me. We say "I love you" every time we leave the house, hang up on the phone, or go to sleep.

Tuesday night as we're climbing into bed, I decided to search for a romantic song. I took his hand, and in the dark, in our PJ's we danced to this song. As he held me close, I thought of all the reason's I love him.



When we're old and wrinkly, I hope we still dance in the dark in our PJ's.



4 comments:

Amanda C. said...

that is so so sweet!!! :)
i love when that happens. :)

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful post :) You guys are too cute!

Goodnight moon said...

So sweet! I loved how he said he would love you until the "fake" roses died. So so sweet! I love mushy though;)

Thanks for linking up this week! I hope you had fun and found some other awesome bloggers and music.

Sorry I'm just now making my rounds...as you know, yesterday felt like death for me.

L0veLindsey said...

What a great feeling! I'm so glad you found your soul mate and you are still so in love after the years together. So amazing! The post made me tear up!!

By the way, I'm having a giveaway on my blog!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs