Friday, June 24, 2011

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

After writing my post last night I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders as I walked upstairs back to bed. As sailor man got up at o'dark thirty to leave for work, he leaned over and kissed me "goodbye my beautiful wife", like he had known all along what I was dealing with. I came to the realization that I don't need to prove myself to anyone. I have the unconditional love of a man. I have a wonderfully amazing daughter who doesn't see the fat rolls or acne scars, she sees me, her mother. I'm not perfect. But I am perfectly me.


When I checked my e-mail I was overwhelmed by the comments people made. I'm so glad I can relate to so many other women! I mean, it sucks that that is how we relate, but it's a strange sense of calm to know that I'm not alone.



I'm going to try not to be a downer in my confessional posts anymore. I feel like that's how they always seem to turn out and I don't like that! I don't want to be a downer, I want to be an uplifter! And my comment about being scared to move to wordpress? Well, I figure those who want to will follow me. I might lose some followers, but I hope to gain new ones. Blogging isn't a competition, and even though I don't have as many followers as some doesn't mean I'm any less of a blogger! The followers just haven't found me yet. So when I make that decision, I will let you know and hopefully you'll choose to join me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just blogging around and found your blog. My husband is 20 years retired Air Force, so all of the military wives blogs bring back alot of memories. Have been having problems with blogger letting me post under google so I am trying anonymous. I don't know why it keeps bouncing back to having me sign in, then it doesn't go through. Well in case it does go through this time, thanks for letting me visit, you've done a great job with your page.

Anonymous said...

Well it's bad enough to have to post under anonymous when you have a google account and blog, but I forgot to leave my blog's URL, so you could visit if you wanted to. Have a sinus headache tonight, guess I need to call it a night.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

Vivian said...

I love that: I'm perfectly me! Thank you so much for stopping by. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs