Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Song Link UP

Linking it up with Goodnight Moon!


Katy Perry - Firework
I don't necessarily like the video, but I really like the lyrics. 

"You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework

Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework

Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe"

 .....
"You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know"

After my Friday post last week, I've really needed positive songs to make me smile, and for this week it's been this song. 

Because I am a Firework baby.

4 comments:

Ashley D. said...

This song is everywhere, and I agree with you, I'm not much for the video, but I love the lyrics and the song! Great choice!

Amanda said...

I love the song lyrics as well- it always gets me singing along!

Allie said...

Love the song, and I think the video is cute!

Nicole Marie said...

LOOOVEEE Katy Perry! And this song! I annoyed the crap out of my husband playing this over and over in the car when it first came out. Great pick!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs