Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We Want To Know Wednesday

First, a side story and possibly a lesson on common decency: "SO Goose and I went to the community pool today. There was a woman laying on her back tanning. I didn't notice anything weird, until she sat up and she was sun bathing topless. She was there alone, no children, yet there were easily 25 children there swimming. I found it to be inappropriate, how do you feel?"
I posed this question to a debate group I participate in on Facebook. I was surprised that it was 50/50. People were both for an against it! I'm not a prude by any means, but showing your goods at a community pool, to other peoples children, = inappropriateness to me. I didn't say anything to her directly, but I did mention it to the housing office who let me know that I was the 3rd person to complain. Laying on your tummy with your straps down is one thing, but out right laying there with nothing? *shakes head*

Photobucket
{1} What is the best or worst pick up line you have ever been given? I've actually never really been "picked up". Every once in a while, my husband uses a line, but truthfully - it's never really happened. Some of the one's I've heard are: "Did you ever live in Nashville? Cause you're the only Tenn-I-See" (get it?),  "Man - Fat Penguin! Woman - WHAT? Man - I just wanted to say something that would break the ice", " If you were a McDonald's burger, I would call you McBeautiful.... "
{2} What is your most and least favorite day of the week? Most favorite day - Any day Sailor Man comes home in enough time that we can actually do something as a family! Least favorite - cleaning/laundry day.
{3} How many hours of sleep do you require each night? I generally get about 7-9 hours of sleep. Luckily, Goose has been sleeping in a bit, which means I can stay up later and still get enough sleep!!
{4} Is there a song that takes you back in time? What song is it & what's the memory attached? Definitely! I was a teeny bop girl growing up (ok ok! I still am) so any of those songs bring back memories of hanging out with my BFF's, coloring our hair with markers, giggling over the boys down the street, my first real crush, rushing home to watch TRL after school, getting my heart broken the the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98* all had girlfriends....
etc...
{5} What is your biggest guilty pleasure? hm. I'd say trashy TV or trashy books. I like to watch things like "Keeping up with the Kardashians", "Storage Wars", "Lifetime Movies"..... I LOVE the living dead in the south series (Sookie Stackhouse), I could read them ALL the time!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a personalized (2 names, branch) Yellow Ribbon Bird Travel Mug!!

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...my friend posted that Tennessee pick up line...and I have haerd the MacDonalds on before LOL

Laurieanndutton said...

First I think that woman at the pool was totatly inappropriate. If you have your own pool and in your own backyard be my guest but not in a community pool. MY husband and I love watching Storage Wars

Nadine Hightower said...

I Love Sookie Stackhouse Novels!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!

Jenny and James said...

Yeah doing something like that at a community pool is tacky! Especially if children are running around.

Impulsive Addict said...

Seriously? Where do you live? I can't believe that someone would show goods at a community pool. Was she trying to pick up a man?
TACKY!

Those Hanson boys are from Tulsa which is where I'm from. People have seen them around town and say they're pretty normal.

I'm completely addicted to trashy tv! It's very sad. Reality tv is so bad but I can't stop!

Thanks for linking up with us!!! =)

Brianne said...

Lifetime Movies are the best!! I can watch them on my computer at night while I'm at work. :)

http://thepinckney5.blogspot.com/2011/06/we-want-to-know-wednesday_22.html

Amber said...

AW YEA MY BOYS HANSON!!!! I'm still in love with them.

And yea, it's a community pool, put your friggen top on!

Megan said...

We must be of the same generation cause I was loving me some BSB and *nsync.

I like me some smut books! I'm currently hooked on the Dark hunter series from sherrilyn kenyon. My hubs is really getting irritated at being ignored!

Brenna said...

I totally do not think that it was appropriate at all- I would have complained to the housing staff too! And not only at a public pool but at one on post? Craziness!!!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs