Sunday, July 24, 2011

giving up my favorite thing..

My doctor suggested that I start living a low-carb lifestyle to help curb my PCOS, and of course lose weight. She is the first doctor of mine to ever suggest this particular diet, of course all doctors want me to lose weight, but no one ever told me that a low-carb diet is the best way to go for people with PCOS, since PCOS mimics diabetes symptoms you should treat it the same. No lie-- I am scared. I'm scared of failing, I'm scared of cheating, I'm scared of it not working!

But a change needs to be made. I can't continue to live at 270 pounds and expect illnesses not to occur. I can't do nothing and expect to have energy. I want to lose the weight for my daughter, I want to be able to chase her around the playground instead of sitting on the bench. I want to lose it for Sailor Man so that I can be around to nag him for the rest of our lives. I want to do it to be a better example to Goose and our other children, I want to feel sexy and confident, I want to be able to shop and find clothes that fit and make me feel good.

So, I of course will be continuing my "fat friday" weigh ins, but I'm hoping to see some real changes in those pictures soon!

Wish me luck friends, this is going to be a very bumpy road.

9 comments:

Mary B* said...

girl, I have PCOS, too, and I REALLY should NOT be eating all of the above, too. Good luck!! It's so hard for me to give those up, but I must ..... let me know if you need anything. I'm here for ya!! :)

Jenny and James said...

You can do it!

Nicole said...

No Pudge Fudge Brownies!! Look them up. I find them at Publix and Kroger. It's brownie mix and all you use to make them is fat free vanilla yogurt, and they're actually pretty good!

Anonymous said...

I struggle with my weight as well, and one of the biggest things I am looking forward to when I start shedding more lb's is clothes shopping! I want to be fashion forward, but + size clothing is so....blah. (Also, being fat, I want to blend in and not stand out). I HATE shopping at Lane Bryant, and when I lose the weight I will NEVER step foot in there again!!!!!

Bonnie said...

You should make it a linky! I'll do it with you... I need to get off my arse too. You won't fail, instead of completely cutting out the carbs, allow yourself one day a week to have one meal that has carbs (example, have spaghetti or lasagna or something similar one night a week). One cheat day, but don't over-do it. You can do it <3

Macy said...

There is a whole PCOS diet online that is fantastic. I have never been tested for it but I do have all the symptoms. As soon as I have this baby that will be the diet I do. I will email you the link. It's going to feel nearly impossible at first but if you can get through the first couple of weeks you will start to feel so much better. I know you can do it!

Mary B* said...

@Macy, can you send me the link as well? my email address is marybrown2983@yahoo.com I'm very interested!

Heather said...

Have you ever heard of a Paleo diet? It might be something to look into as well. My husband and I have been doing it since April and have seen inches disappear. It is low carb but also making sure you eat natural foods (unprocessed) and cutting sugar out of your diet since they seem to stick it into everything! If you are interested let me know and I can give you some good links of references!

Macy said...

@ Mary absolutely! Please forgive me if it takes a little while though. I am 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant and waiting for my little one to make an appearance so once things settle down I will send out an email!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs