Friday, July 15, 2011

I confess on Fat Friday

Photobucket


I confess...

I confess...

I confess that I was pretty relieved to see the +.8 pounds. Yes, relieved. I got sunburned last weekend pretty bad on my back, and I haven't been able to do much exercising this week. I confess that I haven't been eating to well either, so when I woke up this morning and got on that scale, I confess I was scared of what the number staring back at me would be. I confess that I never realized just how unflattering these pictures are until today. I confess that puts me in a mood to change, but nothing like this picture makes me want to change.... Y.U.C.K.

(excise my brothers hand and leg, I cropped him out)
 
I confess I never realized that is what I looked like. I also confess that I felt humiliated last night, at the movies (yes I saw Harry Potter, wooooot!) when I barely fit in the seat. Sure, we were all crammed in like sardines, but I had very little wiggle room. I died a little inside.

I confess I cried for a good 15 minutes last night, because I'm afraid of skin cancer. I was stupid when I got my sunburn, I didn't put sunscreen on, and now my back is peeling and itchy. It looks awful, and I confess it freaks me out to think I could get cancer from my stupid stupid choice. I confess that from now on, I will be a sunscreen nazi.

Since we're on the topic of crying, I confess that I totally cried at Harry Potter. I can't believe it's over. This is the series that got me to read for pleasure. I didn't want to read it because it was a "baby book" (I was 15!), but I read the first 4 in a week and then the next 3 I finished the day it came out (exception was the 5th book. It came out the day we got married, so I could only read it on my down time. Sailor Man only let me read it on the plane to and from our honeymoon... meanie). I confess that I adore Harry. I will miss him. I will miss looking forward to books and movies. Sad day.

I confess that I haven't felt like blogging much lately. I confess that it feels that some of my posts go unnoticed. I confess that it hurts to put so much effort into something, to have no feedback - positive or negative. I feel like blah! I confess that I have serious blog envy sometimes. 

I confess that I miss cable, I miss the food network mostly, but cable in general. I confess we get the basic channels with our fancy antenna, but I want my trash TV too. I confess that I realllllly like "Storage Wars", and I miss watching it. I confess that I even miss Keeping Up With The Kardashians. SMH!

I confess that I look forward to this every week. I confess that I understand my posts are mainly about weight loss, but I am trying to branch out to other topics. I confess that this is a great way for me to get my feelings out there. I confess that sometimes I am scared to confess everything though.

8 comments:

WhisperingWriter said...

I think I'm the only one not going to see the Harry Potter movie. It is sad that it's over though.

Mamarazzi said...

i never got into the Harry Potter thing.

i still think you are brave and awesome for posting your weigh loss journey, even on weeks that there is a gain.

thanks for linking up!

mrs wife said...

I must say, I like your post's. I like that you are down to earth and confident to post the things you do... and that you post your feelings. I think a lot of people post fake feelings and fake interests in hopes of getting some selfish gratification. It's just nice to see that you do it for you. I hope you don't think that your stuff goes unnoticed because I am sure just even the slightest little thing you might/ and could say or have said.. could change or help someone else and you may never know! I like seeing your progress in the weight loss.. You are a stunning woman and your strides are great.. I don't follow a lot of blogs and I guess you could say I judge the blogs I follow strictly off the vibes I get from the person writing and I remember on facebook the picture you had posted of your fancy shmancy something... (my memories is failing me) but I remember thinking.. Wow she is really pretty and she seems like she would be really friendly to run into. Well I hope you have a good weekend and you keep up your great spirits... cause many people are watching and cheering for you to have a great life.

Keri said...

If I am right I do remember being told that skin cancer forms in the tissues within the first 3-5 years of your life or something like that. whatever age bracet it is I do know that skin cancer formulates in the skin at the early ages of our life. the damage is already done from your kid/teen years so dont blame yourself for this one time miss. it is what it is at this point with us all being older. it will be what it will be, but it wont be from your most recent sunburn so rest assure. Im sure no sunburn is good, but its always worse on the early skin of a child/teen. just usless info i remember learning somewhere.

Katy said...

I'm pretty sure you mean book 6 came out the day of your reception. Book 5 came out in 03. We were in Carson for the reception when I went to WalMart for their midnight release.

Nysha said...

I cried during Harry Potter, too. I'm sad that it's over, although I loved the books way more than the movies. I wish JK Rowlings would write more about the wizarding world, even if she doesn't want to write any more Potter stories.

Your weight loss posts have inspired me to get more serious about my own weight. Thanks for that.

Heather said...

Have you tried looking into Hulu for your trash tv? We don't have cable at all anymore and that is where I go to watch things...

Anonymous said...

I am just now finding your blog and I find it a pleasure to read! I relate more to you than you will ever know... I have just never had the courage to share my insecurities with others. Makes me feel that I am not alone : ) Thanks you Sailor's Wife!!!!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs