Friday, July 22, 2011

I confess on Fat Friday

Photobucket


I confess...



I confess..



I confess that this week I have not been a good girl. I did not eat well or exercise, but now that my brother is gone I can get back into a "normal" routine. I confess these photo's are so awful, they should be motivation enough to lose weight!!  *hangs head in shame*

I confess that I am fighting a battle inside. I grew up Mormon, and you would think that would make me crafty. And I am not. I confess that I want to be so crafty, but any idea's I have in my head never translate to paper the way I hoped they would. I confess that I get super frustrated with myself because it doesn't work out. I confess that I need to have a creative outlet, aside from blogging, to help deal with the emotional roller coaster of life.

I confess that I have been on Pinterest for a whole week, and I am obsessed! I seriously look at it every day! Which is where my previous craft confession comes into play. I confess that I have found about 456,789,123,456,789,000 crafts I want to do. There are seriously so many amazing and inspiring ideas on there, that I just can not get enough! Are you into Pinterest?  Follow Me on Pinterest


Here are a couple examples of things I am totally in love with......at least at the moment

So cute right? I know. The last ones would easily be made for any holiday.. *sighhh*

I confess I feel awkward. I confess that sometimes I feel like I can't be myself in some social circles....I confess that it's been 2ish months since my fall out with my friend. I confess that I miss her. I miss our 3 hour lunch dates, our facebook chats, our witty back and forth, I confess I miss just talking to her. I confess that I know we could never go back to being as we once were, but it doesn't mean I miss her friendship any less. But, I confess, that holding onto the hope of a friendship is driving me crazy. I think we've made our peace, but I think it's time for me to close that door and move on. I will always treasure her friendship. I wish her every happiness.

10 comments:

Lucy said...

Losing weight is not an easy thing. Good Luck. I pretty much have lived on the Weight Watcher method since I was 12 years old. My mom struggled with her weight and she used Weight Watchers and when I hit my middle school years, well, my weight problems began so I followed my mother's food plan.

I gave up on being crafty a long time ago,now I just buy the finished product.

It is hard when a friendship ends. There is no easy way to get through it, just one day at a time.

Katy said...

You should post links to those crafts. That top glowy jar thing is awesome.

Sometimes I wish I was crafty too. Mostly, it just ends with me frustrated.

Whitney said...

i can relate to you on the crafts. i used to do crafts when i was little (think girl scouts and those crafts). recently, i wanted to do the anthro lamp that i have pinned. so far, it hasn't turned out like i wanted. hubby says it hasn't because it isn't even close to finished. i want to be crafty too. i don't think i would be able to come up with these ideas on mine own though.

Nysha said...

Losing weight is hard. I've been trying all summer and at least you're brave enough to post pictures and confess when it's not going as well as you'd like. I really admire your honesty and your spirit.

I would love to be crafty, but I have the manual dexterity and attention span of a hyperactive monkey on meth, which isn't at all helpful.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Omg i'm way impressed you post a pic and your real weight here. You are brave. Way way braver than me. I can barely stand to post a pic of myself dressed up to go out and it's only a head shot let alone full body. I bow down.

Craftiness is overrated. Sure it's delightful to be crafty and talented that way but it's nothing to get yourself down over. Some people have time and energy for that and some don't. I am very talented that way and don't have time. I wish I did. And it's easy to get myself down about it wishing I was and looking at everyone else's crafty fabulousness.

Sometimes I have to remind myself no one will see my finished project compared to the original. And mine alone looks great. And stop comparing.

Sometimes I have to realize making it myself costs way more than just buying and find pride in the fact I got something great and be happy in the bargain.

Mormon women put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect and look perfect and do amazing things. It's exhausting. One day a woman who I'd admired for years as my young womans adviser, bishops wife and stake presidents wife said she never felt like she was enoughs, that she too compared herself to others and came away feeling like a failure too. I was blown away. She felt just like me. I decided right then that whatever I did was enough. If I was crafty, great. If I was thin or not it didn't matter. I am me and if I don't think I am fabulous who will? I struggle let's be real.

You are fabulous and real. Keep up the great work! Have a fabulous day!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Sorry for the novel. Apparently I can relate to your confessions. And thanks for your comment.

Shayla said...

LOL I have the same crafting issue. . . haha I'm like ohh I can do that! ooooOOOooo I want that, ugh I NEED that!!! hehe

I can;t wait to have TIME to craft :D

Forgetfulone said...

I didn't associate craftiness with being a Mormon. Who knew? I've been on Pinterest, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it.

Rebecca said...

I didnt eat well this week either! The scale is going to hate me for my weigh in on Sunday :(

Anonymous said...

You should give the crafts a try! You never know what you can do until you try :) And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't look exactly like the picture! Uniqueness just adds to it!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs