Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recipe Swap....

.....I'm not going to do it anymore. At least not for a while. I don't have many people who seemed interested enough to swap with me. I don't mind sharing my recipes with you, and I'll continue to do that, but the point was a swap of recipes - for you to get new ones and for me to get new ones, and it didn't work out the way I hoped it would. SO instead of "Recipe Swap Tuesday", I'm just going to do "Recipe Tuesdays" and post some of my recipes. I'll try a swap out again another time, later on down the road.

Stuffed Shells
  • 1 box jumbo shells
  • 1 lbs lean ground beef
  • 1/2 lbs ground sausage *optional
  • Small onion, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
  • ******You can use dried seasonings, I just like the taste of fresh use 1 tsp of each dry. You can also use 1 tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese (if you use the sausage you will need a little more than 8oz)
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup mixture of cheddar, mozeralla and parmesan cheeses
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Boil noodles until Al Dente (not all the way mushy, but not hard), drain - run some cool water over them
  3. Brown beef, sausage, onion, garlic and seasonings until done - drain off the fat
  4. Add cream cheese and stir until melted
  5. Poor some spaghetti sauce on bottom of a baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom
  6. Take your shells and spoon in the beef mixture, lay into dish seam side down
  7. Repeat until pan is full (I like to lay shells on top of each other if I have enough - if you layer pour spaghetti sauce and cheese between layers)
  8. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce on top of shells
  9. Cover with cheese mixture
  10. Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until cheese is brown and bubbly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs