Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe Tuesday

The World's Greatest BLT

Or at least for me a BL, I am not a fan of T's so I don't use them ;)

Ingredients~ 
  • Sandwich rolls (you know the long skinny ones---I prefer french or sourdough)
  • 5 strips bacon
  • Lettuce (whatever you have available, even lettuce from a salad bag), rinsed
  • 8 slices cucumber
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • 8 onion rings, thinly sliced
  • 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. ranch dressing
  • salt
  • pepper
  • oregano
  Directions~
  1. Cook bacon, if you want to add the onions to the bacon grease and sautee for a minute or two
  2. Slice open your bread, spread mayo and ranch on both sides
  3. Place cucumbers on one side, top with salt, pepper and oregano, and then onions
  4. Place avocado (I like to mash it in), and put lettuce on top of the that --- this is where you would add the tomato if you choose too
  5. Add cooked bacon,  fold sandwich and enjoy.
Seriously -- amazing. Obviously, you can add a ton more veggies onto this such as: zucchini slices, carrot slices, spinach, olives, peppers... anything! So amazingly good, trust me!

1 comments:

L0veLindsey said...

Yum! BLT's are actually the only thing I like T's on.. weird, I know!

By the way, I'm giving away a piece of jewelry of your choice from Towne&Reese! Go to http://www.l0velindsey.com to enter.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs