This is a recipe I came across from Southern Food, and it's amazing!!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies, drained (although I like to keep a little juice in there)
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (or swiss, or monteray, or colby, or whatever you have/want!)
Pre-heat oven to 325*
1. In a bowl combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and well blended
2. Stir in green chilies
3. Lightly grease a shallow 1-quart baking baking dish
4. Sprinkle cheese over the bottom of baking dish and pour egg mixture over the top (I like to sprinkle a little on top as well)
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. If desired, broil for a minute or two to brown the top.
VARIATION ~ you can add bacon, sausage, or ham to it as well. Cook before adding to the egg mixture