We're heading out of summer and into fall. My personal favorite season because of the food I associate it with! Including Chili. I love chili.
The original recipe came from All Recipes, but I added some of my own ingredients that I put a * next to.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15oz) can ranch style beans (I always get the one with jalapeno's)
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile
- 1 (1.25oz) package chili seasoning mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2/3 cup water, or as needed
- 1 medium green pepper, diced*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1 15(oz) can Kidney Beans*
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat cook beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, chili powder, salt & pepper, and 1/3 cup water. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours. Add the remaining 1/3 cup water as needed