Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recipe Tuesday


We're heading out of summer and into fall. My personal favorite season because of the food I associate it with! Including Chili. I love chili.

The original recipe came from All Recipes, but I added some of my own ingredients that I put a * next to.

Ingredients~

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 (15oz) can ranch style beans (I always get the one with jalapeno's)
  • 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile
  • 1 (1.25oz) package chili seasoning mix
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 2tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
  • 2/3 cup water, or as needed
  • 1 medium green pepper, diced*
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced*
  • 1 15(oz) can Kidney Beans*

Directions~

1. In a large saucepan over medium heat cook beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, chili powder, salt & pepper, and 1/3 cup water. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours. Add the remaining 1/3 cup water as needed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs