Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Song Link-Up




This week I experienced first hand just how mean some girls can be. I'll admit, it's been a rough week. Struggling with coming to the realization that "friends" I thought I had, aren't the friends I need or want. I experienced first hand, how words can deeply impact you. My situation happened on the internet, and a lot of people will think that it's pathetic but it happened in a group that I've been apart of for almost 5 years. They are were my friends.



As I was running errands the other day, this song came on my ipod and I couldn't help but smile. THIS is a true statement. You're just jealous that you're not as awesome as I am. This is what I need to keep reminding myself of.

6 comments:

Jordan Streetman said...

Sometimes we have to cut toxic people out of our lives to make room for better ones and personal growth! Good luck hun!

GingerPeachT said...

Those two are great songs!!! I was singing "loser like me" over and over yesterday when things were kinda tough for me. Being a newbie in the military life, its been really hard for me to find friends here. I think we can relate :-)

Elizabeth said...

Meanness hurts deep. So deep you cut people from your life and move on. Don't let this pattern continue for yourself any longer.

RetroRocketGal said...

Sorry this happened to you. Been there. No matter how old you get, this happens, and you have to protect yourself. Much of it happened to me with blogging.

Ashleigh said...

Sorry you had to deal with mean girls this week! There is always someone out there who will hurt someone else to make themselves feel better but it will come back to them in the end as Karma! Just know that there are some really great girls out there to surround youself with to replace the ones you found that you need to get rid of this week! Great song choices!!

Carmen said...

I'm so sorry you had to come to that sort of realization. Unfortunately you eventually find out people's true nature but as Jordan said, you need to cut certain people out to make room for those who are better for you :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs