Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rescued by the Wolf - a book review

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a writer, who happens to be a friend, asking if I would do a book review for her. I was excited because I love books, she's a good friend, and I was reading a book by someone I actually knew. It was kind of exciting!

Now to the book.

Rescued by the Wolf by Cyndia Rios-Myers

The story is centered around Lana, a social worker from Maryland. As she investigates the disappearance of her friend, the truth startles her into a world she never imagined existed. As Lana is forced into this unexpected and unwanted world, she discovers the inner strength, and the previously unknown connection to herself. Lana soon has to prove herself to the inhabitants of this world, and to herself. As she prepares for the ultimate battle of her life, she realized what's inside her rescued her from herself. Lana soon meets Jorgen, a very powerful alpha male, and set off an adventure of a lifetime.

I will be totally honest; it took me a while to get into the book. There was some, in my opinion, unnecessary cursing but that is more a personal preference thing than anything else. At the beginning of the book the writing felt a little unnatural too me, almost like the words didn't come easy and so they were forced. As the chapters went on, I realized how much easier I was reading it, and it soon dawned on me that I had read about 5 chapters in a short amount of time. I got lost in the story.

This book is a fairly short, easy read but I find myself anxious for the next book to come. I cried at certain parts, and I laughed out loud as I realized I would have had some of the same thoughts as Lana. I'm anxious to find out what happens with Lana and Jorgen and the new adventure they are starting at this end of the first book. The second book, titled "Gifted by the Wolf" will be available soon!

"Rescued by the Wolf" is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, iBooks, any place where e-books are sold!! {and it's on sale for $.99!}Check it out, you wont regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs