Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh hi...

I've been in a blogging funk the last month or so. I don't have a lot of time anymore to constantly blog, or read, or comment, or just spend time with Sailor Man.

Why have I been so busy and stressed for time?

I started school in August. Yup! I finally took the plunge and started my education again, I'm going to get my license in esthetics (waxing and facials..), and I absolutely love it. I love everything about school, except how busy I am, and that I see Sailor Man very little throughout the week. I was sitting on the FRG board for the ship, but it was demanding to much of my time and I couldn't commit to it fully any longer. So I stepped down from that, but it hasn't freed up a whole lot of time for me. I have 2 callings in church (primary teacher and visiting teacher supervisor) that take up time, in addition to school, being a stay-at-home-mommy, a wife, and a person. My quiet time, is when I get home from school at 10:30 pm. I usually end up staying up way to late, and then I regret it the next day. Weekends have been reserved for family time, but even sometimes Sailor Man has duty so we don't get to spend the whole weekend together. It's just been a lot on my plate for a while now.

Goose is doing really well. She is in school, and loving it. She's fairly popular (everytime I drop her off or pick her up there is a chorus of "HI Goose!!!" or "GOOD BYE Goose!!"). She's getting bigger and smarter every day, and she is a joy in my life. Sometimes she drives me absolutely nuts, but she is my everything and I always smile with her. She's really into sign language and learning to write her letters. She loves doing arts & crafts, and hanging out at home.

Sailor Man is doing really well, and is always working. The ship is here getting repairs so he's been home everynight since June. It's really nice, but it also means that underways will be starting soon. That's really it for him! {for now at least}

As for the fertility stuff -- not much to update. We did 5 cycles of Clomid (no luck), and are waiting for Sailor Man to do his semen testing and for me to get an HSG test. We're sort of stalled at the moment. Weight loss needs to be a higher priority for me, but it's so hard for me to do. Even when I commit 100%, I have very few results and it's so frustrating. I end up giving up and then feeling like poop. *sigh* I wish there was a pill I could take and wake up with a perfect body.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

That's so cool you started school again! It seems like so much fun!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs