Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recipe Tuesday


Basic Crepes

Crepes are delicious and hard to stop eating, but also difficult to make. Here is an easy recipe, with easy instructions, and easy to enjoy!! This recipe is from allrecipes, but I added a couple ingredients of my own :)

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp. sugar*
  • 1 tsp. vanilla*

Directions 

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth. I did not do it this way. I added all my wet ingredients to a large cup and mixed them together. I added all the dry ingredients together, then I slowly added my wet ingredients to my dry, mixing while I added.  

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. I added my oil to a paper towel and wiped it around the edges of my pan. I slowly heated the pan over medium-low heat.  

3.Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot. I had a hard time using a spatula, so I used my fingers to turn it over.   

4.Fill with your choice of fillings. My recommendations: Nutella, butter with cinnamon and sugar, butter and jelly, yogurt with fruit. 

 


    1 comments:

    Cheyla Marie said...

    Yum! I like to add cinnamon to my crepes! :)

    Post a Comment

    Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

     
    Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs