Friday, May 11, 2012

Appreciative

I'm going to participate in a blog hop! So... here's a little about me

I'm Mrs. S :) Sailor Man and I met and started dating in high school. We were lucky enough to find our soul mates early in life, and we were married in 2005. We have 1 daughter, Goose. She is the light of our life! I am currently pregnant with baby #2, after more than 3 years of struggling with infertility.

We talked about the military off and on early in our marriage, but I was not prepared to be a military spouse. I never thought I would be strong enough to handle the ups and downs. I still feel that way sometimes, but life has a funny way of working things out. After a disastrous job, the downfall of the economy, and the never give up on asking attitude of my husband, we looked in to it more seriously. Sailor Man joined the Navy in May 2010 and our whole new life began! It's been a roller coaster of emotions but truthfully, the Navy has been very good to our family. We have experiences and opportunities we would not have otherwise. It's definitely tough and sometimes seems not worth it, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I love to cook, bake, scrap book, read, watch movies, explore, and have fun!  I love being a wife, a mother, a home maker, a woman.. I love being alive!


{taken from last year's post)

I want to wish each and every Military Spouse out there a very Happy Appreciation Day. Many people would say that we have the hardest job in the military, I would never undermine what my husband or your husband does, but we really do have a hard job. Last minute deployments, saying goodbye for months at a time, maybe getting a phone call, maybe getting an e-mail, not knowing how he's (or she) is really doing, not understanding the affects of what he's seen, and not being understood for what we went through while they're gone.

I never thought I would be a military spouse, ever. In fact I fought against it for a couple of years before Sailor Man enlisted. The strength and power I've received from being a spouse is amazing. The support I have from my bloggy sisters is amazing. Right now, I can't even imagine life with out it and I don't think Sailor Man can either. There is something special about our men and women in uniform and I am darn proud to be among those who support them the most.

8 comments:

Jessica Sieberg said...

Happy Military spouse appreciation day to you!!!!

have a great day & weekend!!
Jessica

Alyssa James said...

Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Brea said...

Hi Mrs. S!

I'm visiting from the MilSpouse Blog Hop! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you!

It is so nice to meet you!

Athena said...

Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day :)

Jamie said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Marinewife1111 {Marcella} said...

Happy late MilSpouse Day and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Jenn said...

Happy Milspouse Day a little late, and happy Mothers Day! Newest follower :)

Mack said...

Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop. It was nice to meet you! Happy belated military spouse appreciation day and Mother's Day!!!! Amanda

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs